Maryam Monsef
Hon. Maryam Monsef
Member of Parliament for Peterborough—Kawartha
MP Services

The Government of Canada has been dedicated to assisting Canadians during these difficult times. MP Monsef’s team is here for you, ready to provide information and assistance with all federal issues.

Our Office may be able to interact with a governmental agency on your behalf. When you get in touch with us, we will email you the appropriate consent form that you must fill out and send back in order for our Office to interact with a governmental agency on your behalf.

Service Canada

Service Canada provides Canadians with a single point of access to a wide range of government services and benefits, including:

  • Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
  • Canada Pension Plan Disability (CPP-D)
  • Old Age Security (OAS)
  • Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
  • Employment Insurance (EI)
  • Social Insurance Numbers (SIN)
  • Canada Student Loans
  • Veterans Affairs Canada Services
  • Access to Information requests
Get in Contact with Service Canada

Peterborough Service Canada Centre:
219 George Street North
Peterborough, Ontario

Note: Service Canada is urging you not to visit Service Canada Centres unless absolutely necessary.

Service Canada programs and services are available online at or by telephone at 1-800-622-6232 - TTY: 1-800-926-9105

Important Links


Canada Revenue Agency

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is responsible for administering tax laws for the Government of Canada and Ontario. You may contact our Office for information and assistance in the following areas:

  • Child and family benefits, including the Canada Child Benefit (CCB)
  • Covid-19 Recovery Benefits
  • Business and charity registration
  • Income tax
  • Payroll
  • Excise taxes, duties, and levies
  • Savings and pension plans
  • CRA payments

Did you know that community organizations are hosting free virtual tax clinics? Volunteers may be able to complete and file your taxes for free, by video conference or by phone. Click here to find a tax clinic in your community!

Get in Contact with the CRA

Peterborough CRA Office:

1161 Crawford Drive
Peterborough, ON
K9J 6X6

You can find appropriate contact information on this webpage.

Important Links


Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) facilitates the arrival of immigrants, provides protection to refugees, and offers programming to help newcomers settle in Canada. It deals with matters pertaining to citizenship applications, travel documents, work visas, and refugee claims.

Get in Contact with the IRCC

You can find appropriate contact information on this webpage.

Important Links


Federal Funding for Organizations

Your organization could be eligible for federal funding. Common funding programs include:

  • Canada Summer Jobs
  • Enabling Accessibility Fund
  • Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
  • Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
  • Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy
  • Canada Emergency Business Account
  • Black Entrepreneurship Loan Fund
  • Digital Skills for Youth Program
  • Tourism Economic Development and Recovery Fund
  • Community Futures Network of Canada

You can reach out to our Office any time for more information and help with your funding application.

Important Links


Federal Crown Corporations

Commonly dealt with Crown corporations include:

  • Canada Post
  • Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
  • VIA Rail
  • Canada Broadcasting Corporation
Important Links


Petitions to Parliament

A petition is used to draw attention to an issue of public interest or concern and to request that the House of Commons, the Government of Canada, a Minister of the Crown, or a Member of the House of Commons take or refrain from some action.

There are generally two types of petitions: paper petitions and e-petitions.

Paper Petition
Only a Member of Parliament is able to directly present a petition to the House of Commons. A petitioner must ask a Member if he or she accepts to present the petition in the House.

Members of the public who wish to create a petition for presentation to the House of Commons should first submit a draft of the petition (without signatures) to our or another Member’s Office to ensure it is correctly worded and whether the MP will agree to present it once all signatures have been garnered.


Only a Member of Parliament is able to directly present a petition to the House of Commons. To have a petition posted on the House of Commons petitions website and eventually presented to the House, it must be authorized for online publication by an MP.

For e-petitions, you can invite any Member of Parliament to authorize its online publication. You can reach out to our Office to inquire about support for an e-petition.

Note: In accepting to present a petition, an MP is not necessarily agreeing with the opinions or request set out in the petition.

To read more about petitions and the associated requirements, please click on the links below.

Important Links


Congratulatory Certificates and Flags/Pins

Our Office offers special commemorative certificates for various milestones and achievements such as anniversaries, birthdays, and earning Canadian citizenship.

To request a certificate, go to the MP Requests page and fill out the form. Please ensure that you are a resident of Peterborough—Kawartha and provide us with the following information:

  • Full name, email, and phone number of the requesting party
  • Full name(s) of the celebrant as you wish them to appear on Certificate
  • The address to which we should sent the Certificate to (either the requesting party or the celebrant’s address)
  • The type of occasion (e.g. wedding, anniversary, birthday, citizenship, etc.)
  • The number of years (for weddings and birthdays)
  • Date of anniversary/birthday

You can also submit a request for a congratulatory certificate from the Prime Minister. More info and the form can be found here.

You may also request a congratulatory message from the Governor General or the Queen. Click here to learn more and submit a request.


Constituency Office (Walk-in)
417 Bethune Street Suite 4
Peterborough, Ontario
K9H 3Z1

Show Map
Office Hours
Mon: 10 am - 2 pm
Tue: 10 am - 2 pm
Wed: 10 am - 2 pm
Thu: 10 am - 2 pm
Constituency Office (Phone)


Show Map
Office Hours
Mon: 9 am - 5 pm
Tue: 9 am - 5 pm
Wed: 9 am - 5 pm
Thu: 9 am - 5 pm
Fri: 9 am - 5 pm

Hill Office
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6


Show Map